Capacity Building Institute 2017
Interdisciplinary state team members will gain knowledge and skills to implement effective practices in Student Focused Planning, Student Development (academic, employment, and life skills), Interagency Collaboration, Family Engagement, and Program Structures. Teams will build capacity to improve practices and programs in their states through data based decision making, planning and providing quality professional development, conducting policy analysis, and using effective technical assistance systems. Team members will participate in facilitated state team planning to target improved transition services, high school completion and dropout prevention strategies, and postsecondary outcomes for youth with disabilities.
Content Session 1: Wednesday May 17 at 8:30 AM
Presentation materials from seven simultaneous breakout sessions are available here.
- Ruby Slippers are Not Just for Dorothy: Guidance to Implement Pre-employment Transition Services/ NTACT, WINTAC, RSA/ SD & IAC
- Implementing EBPs to Increase Graduation and Decrease Dropout Rates for SWD in PA/ Rodriquez, Moran, Baker/ SD & PS
- Partnering to Use a Data Based Decision Making to Target Services in North Dakota/ ND Team/ IAC & PS
- Partnering to Use a Data Based Decision Making - resource
- Transition Planning and Dropout Prevention for Students with Mental Health Needs
- Continuing the Success of a Transition-Focused SPDG in New Hampshire/ Burbank & Stevenson/ PS
Content Session 2: Wednesday May 17 at 10:00 am
Presentation materials from seven simultaneous breakout sessions, presented during Content Session 2 are available here.
- Implementing the WIOA Regulations: Resources focused on Section 511/ WINTAC, NTACT, RSA/ SD & IAC
- Planning for Family Engagement/ Roy & Gothberg/ FE
- SSIP Efforts: Graduation 2020 in West Virginia/ Harless & Stohr/ SFP & PS
- Whats it Take for College Success: First portion/ Hart & Lombardi/ SFP
- Whats it Take for College Success: Second portion/ Larson/ SFP
- Collaboration Across Agencies to Improve Student Outcomes: Georgia Examples/ GA Team/ IAC
- Transition Discoveries Research Project: Authentic Voices of Youth & Families/ Kester, Stoehr, Deibler/ IAC, FE, & PS
Content Session 3: Wednesday May 17 at 2:00 PM
Presentation materials from seven simultaneous breakout sessions, presented during Content Session 3 at the Capacity Building Institute are available here.
- Professional Development to Equip Practitioners in Culturally Responsive Practices with Secondary Age SWD/ Greene & Marable/ PS
- Coming Full CIRCLES in Arkansas/ Boaz & Williams/ SFP, IAC, & PS
- Developing Statements of Stipulation as Part of Intensive TA: Cross-agency Data Sharing in Nevada/ NV Team/ IAC & PS
- Using Partnerships to Increase Postsecondary Education Access for Students with ID in Florida & Idaho/ Lowenthal & Ward/ PS
- Job Site Development: Establishing Partnerships with Employers/ Krefft/ SD
- Empowering Young Adults & Families/ Holley & Gross/ FE
Content Session 4: Thursday May 18 at 8:30 AM
Presentation materials from seven simultaneous breakout sessions, presented during Content Session 4 at the Capacity Building Institute are available here.
- Building Effective Practices for Juvenile Justice Re-Entry to High School
- Focus on Data Quality for Indicators 1, 2, 13, 14
- Statewide Efforts and Impact of Developing Youth Leaders in Delaware
- Statewide Youth Leadership Development Efforts - Delaware - Handout
- Organizing and Aligning Resources for Maximum Impact/ Brewer & Bukaty/ PS
- Organizing and Aligning/ Categorizing Activity
- Organizing and Aligning/ Tagging Activity
- Organizing and Aligning/ Tagging List
- The Role of Centers for Independent Living in Successful Transition/ Walters/ IAC
- Success in Moving Students and Families with High Support Needs and SSI to Integrated Employment/ Hartman/ IAC & PS
- Partners in Transition: Education, VR, Families Working Together/ Roy & Allison/ IAC & FE
Pre-Conference and End of CBI Workshop Sessions
Materials posted here are associated with the pre-conference sessions on Tuesday morning and the two workshops offered Thursday afternoon at the CBI.
- Transition 101/ Dr. Jim Martin/ all taxonomy categories
- Institute 101: Introduction to the Capacity Building Institute/ Fowler & Kohler/ all taxonomy categories overviewed
- Intensive TA States Meeting - Pre CBI
- CBI Kickoff PowerPoint - including links to video
- Quality Professional Development to Move Evidenced Based Practices to Implementation
- Evaluating Your Efforts to Improve Local Practice and Student Outcomes