About this Event
States are required to reserve no less than 15 percent of the Federal VR allotment for the provision of pre-employment transition services to students with disabilities under section 113 of the Rehabilitation Act. In this training, we will highlight 10 thought-provoking strategies, and offer potential ways of looking at your pre-employment transition services resource management. If your agency is struggling with the 15% minimum reserve requirement, you are not alone!
- Explore how continuous evaluation and forecasting helps with creating a sustainable model for the delivery of pre-employment transition services
- Learn how strategic planning can play a critical role in developing your agency’s strategy for the delivery of services
- Explore potential solutions and options that can improve resource management.
This training is a collaboration between The George Washington University Center for Innovative Training in Vocational Rehabilitation (CIT-VR), the National Technical Assistance Center On Transition: The Collaborative (NTACT:C), and the Vocational Rehabilitation Technical Assistance Center for Quality Management (VRTAC-QM).
- RSA mentioned continuous evaluation and financial forecasting in a Q & A document released by OSERS on 10.16.20: RSA COVID-19 Questions & Answers: Administration of the VR Services, AIVRS, and Business Enterprise Programs (PDF)
- NOI - Pre-Employment Transition Services Flexibilities Regarding the Use of VR Funds effective 2/28/20.
- RSA Pre-employment Transition Services FAQs
- Vocational Rehabilitation Financial Report (RSA-17) and Instructions
- Collaboration Guide
- Pre-Employment Transition Services Time Allocation Guide