Federal regulations often require additional specificity or explanation. The documents on this page all pertain to sub-regulatory guidance that RSA has provided regarding pre-employment transition services and VR transition services for students and youth with disabilities.
Department of Labor
The Department of Labor's has the following e-laws resources regarding the Fair Labor Standards act and volunteers and school to work designations.
- elaws - Fair Labor Standards Act Advisor: Volunteers
- elaws - Fair Labor Standards Act Advisor: School-to-Work
- elaws - Fair Labor Standards Act Advisor: Trainees
The Department of Labor, Wage and Hour Division (WHD) has the following Fact Sheets regarding the Fair Labor Standards Act:
- #71: Internship Programs Under The Fair Labor Standards Act
- This fact sheet provides general information to help determine whether interns and students working for “for-profit” employers are entitled to minimum wages and overtime pay under the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA).
- RSA presentation from the 2016 CSAVR conference:
- Overview and Discussion of Federal Regulations on Transition Services and Pre-Employment Transition Services (PDF)
- Overview and Discussion of Federal Fiscal Regulations (PDF) -- includes fiscal accountability for pre-employment transition services
- Technical Assistance Audio Program on Pre-Employment Transition Services Expenditures
- RSA Webinar on New FY 2015 GAN Attachment for Pre-Employment Transition Services, Supported Employment, and Maintenance of Effort
- Department of Education: Notice of Interpretation (NOI) State VR Services Program – 2-28-2020 (PDF)
- TAC-19-01: Guidance for Validating Jointly Required Data Submitted under the Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA) (PDF)
- TAC-17-01: Performance Accountability Guidance for Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act Title I, Title II, Title III and Title IV Core Programs (PDF)
- Guidelines: Supporting Documentation for Case Service Report (RSA-911) Revised June 14, 2017 (PDF)
- PD-16-04: Revision of Policy Directive (PD) 14-01 instructions for the completion of the Case Service Report (RSA-911) for the State Vocational Rehabilitation Services Program and the State Supported Employment Services Program (PDF)
- RSA: Period of Performance for Formula Grant Awards FAQs
- RSA Technical Assistance Circular (TAC) 18-02: Submission Procedures for Prior Written Approval Requests under the State Vocational Rehabilitation (VR) Services Program (PDF)
- OSERS Transition Guide: Letter (PDF) - RSA Commissioner Mark Schultz and OSEP Director Laurie VanderPloeg wrote this joint letter that discusses the importance of collaboration between special education and VR related to secondary transition.
- OSERS Transition Guide to Postsecondary Education and Employment for Students with Disabilities (PDF)
- Q & A: Increasing Postsecondary Opportunities and Success for Students and Youth with Disabilities (PDF)
- Federal Partners in Transition: What to Know About Youth Transition Services for Students and Youth with Disabilities (PDF)
- The 2020 Federal Youth Transition Plan: A Federal Interagency Strategy (PDF)
- Federal Partners in Transition: What to Know About Work-Based Learning Experiences for Students and Youth with Disabilities (PDF)