Successful transition planning that includes postsecondary and education goals, with continued engagement and partnership with VR and Education, may increase students’ ability to reach their education and employment goals. Use these resources to support youth to reach their post-secondary education goals.
Get to Know Your School Counselor: Improving Collaboration to Support College and Career Readiness for Youth with DisabilitiesMarch 9, 2023
OSERS Q&A – Increasing Postsecondary Opportunities and Success for Students and Youth with DisabilitiesJune 25, 2021
- Postsecondary Education & Training Preparation Toolkit
- A Transition Guide to Postsecondary Education and Employment for Students and Youth with Disabilities
- Preparing Students to Succeed in Two & Four-Year Colleges and Universities (NCWD Youth) (PDF)
- WI Opening Doors to Postsecondary Education and Training: Planning for Life After High School (PDF)
- The Center to Advance Career and Technical Education (CTE)
AdvocacyUnderstanding laws and rights, disability disclosure, accommodations and supports. More about self-advocacy and self-determination.
Vocational Rehabilitation ServicesConnect students to vocational rehabilitation services and other resources that could support them in meeting their educational and career goals. More about VR Transition Services.
Community Supports and Independent LivingHelp youth navigate choices and opportunities to be more independent, consider living arrangements, build social connections, and practice self-advocacy skills to build self-determination. More about community supports and independent living.