Training resources to develop and implement interagency collaboration strategies and best practices to improve transition outcomes for youth with disabilities.
- Webinar: Effective Strategies to Build Collaborative Partnerships
Provided by the Transition Coalition as part of NTACT, this webinar provides information regarding effective strategies and tools to build collaborative partnerships between VR and schools to improve the coordination of services for students with disabilities.
- Training Module: Interagency Collaboration: the Groundwork
In partnership with NTACT, the Transition Coalition provides this web-based module that includes information, videos, surveys, and interactive activities to help you build or strengthen your interagency team.
- Webinar: CIRCLES - Interagency Collaboration
Archived webinar delivering information about implementation of CIRCLES (Communicating Interagency Relationships and Collaborative Linkages for Exceptional Students) in their own region/school district. You will learn about the program, how to get started, as well as sustainability.
- The 2020 Federal Youth Transition Plan: A Federal Interagency Strategy (pdf)
A guide to an inclusive approach to improving transition outcomes for youth with disabilities, prepared by the Federal Partners in Transition Workgroup.
- Resource Mapping: Predictor Self-Assessment (PDF)
This checklist is intended to provide schools, districts, or other stakeholders in secondary transition with a framework for determining the degree to which their program is implementing practices that are likely to lead to more positive post-school outcomes for students with disabilities.
- Slides: Interagency Collaboration – Putting the Pieces Together for Local Capacity Building (PDF)
Presentation materials to build local capacity through interagency collaboration, Pre-ETS/IDEA and family engagement.
- Slides: A Better Path, A Better Future – Juvenile Reentry (PDF)
Presentation materials illustrating how interagency collaboration and coordination services are essential in overcoming structural and procedural barriers that hinder youth with disabilities in making the transition from the juvenile justice facility to school and community.
- Guide for Teacher’s / Educators on Collaborating with Vocational Rehabilitation Services for Youth with Disabilities
A guide to assist classroom level personnel understand how to partner effectively with vocational rehabilitation professionals to serve students in transition.