About this Event
Part One of this training will focus on the benefits of Pre-ETS Strategic Planning, including activities that are important for State VR Agencies to consider when developing and evaluating their current service delivery model in the implementation of pre-employment transition services. The Pre-ETS Strategic Planning Guide that has been developed as a resource for State VR agencies will be discussed, and key strategies for effective strategic planning will be highlighted.
- Increased knowledge on the benefits of taking a strategic planning approach to help organize and plan the delivery of pre-employment transition services.
- Increased knowledge of strategic planning activities outlined in the Pre-ETS Strategic Planning Guide.
- An understanding of common strategies used to help forecast and evaluate the impact of Pre-employment transition services.
- The ability to identify when a student with a disability may want to access Pre-ETS as a potentially eligible student vs. when they should consider completing an application for VR services.
This training is a collaboration between The George Washington University Center for Innovative Training in Vocational Rehabilitation (CIT-VR), the National Technical Assistance Center On Transition: The Collaborative (NTACT:C), and the Vocational Rehabilitation Technical Assistance Center for Quality Management (VRTAC-QM).
Brigid Griffin, M.S.
The George Washington University
Sandra Miller, M.S.
- Powerpoint Slides: Pre-Employment Transition Services Strategic Planning: A Collaborative Approach Webinar – Part 1 (PDF)
- Transcript: Pre-Employment Transition Services Strategic Planning: A Collaborative Approach – Part 1 (PDF)
- Guide: Pre-ETS Strategic Planning Checklist
- Pre-ETS Strategic Planning Template (docx)
- RSA COVID-19 Questions & Answers: Administration of the VR Services, AIVRS, and Business Enterprise Programs (PDF)
- Crosswalk of the data elements across the RSA 2, RSA 425, and new RSA 17. Data Element Comparison (PDF)
- Time Allocation Guide (PDF) that provides guidance regarding how to track staff time for the Pre-Employment Transition Services required, coordination and authorized activities.
- Pre-Employment Transition Services FAQs related to RSA-911 Data Collection and Reporting
- RSA 9-11 Training Series - Pre-Employment Transition Services Presentation (pptx)
- OSERS 2020 Transition Guidance Letter (PDF) dated August 31, 2020
- Pre-ETS Guide for Collaboration Among State VR & Education Partners (PDF)
- WIOA Performance Indicators - IDEA Part B Transition Performance Indicator Crosswalk (PDF)